Sunday, January 10, 2010

My heart was stirred.


"Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord." We sang this lyric in church this morning and it stirred my heart. Waiting upon the Lord, how good am I at that, I wonder. These past few years I have been living what God has set before me. We said yes to our calling to do foster care and I didn't need to wait, life just happened to me. After JG was born my life took a turn, patience and time would be in my future. All of a sudden, this steam train of a life has come to be more of a touring train. JG is only 16 months old but her delays are becoming visible. For a baby with Down Syndrome she is very strong both physically and willfully, both are very exciting to me. But, we are already experiencing the waiting, when will she say her first word, when will she get her first tooth, when will she take her first step. How wonderful it is to know the answer to all of these questions, "All in my Lord's timing." The thing with JG is, there will always be waiting, but, as the song promises, I will get stronger. What an exciting life God has set before me and I get to live it.

No comments:

Post a Comment